During 2015, US regulations for travel to Cuba relaxed greatly, including legal travel of private or chartered vessels to navigate to Cuba by sea and to serve as the guests luxury accommodation while in Cuba.
Cuba VIP Yachts will work with yachts flying under US or Foreign flags, all authorized under current U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control(OFAC) regulations to provide personal travel to and from Cuba under a general license.
Under the current OFAC laws, a general license authorizes travel from the United States to Cuba under the following 12 categories.
- Family visits
- Official business of the U.S. government, foreign governments, and certain intergovernmental organizations
- Journalistic activity
- Professional research and professional meetings
- Educational activities
- Religious activities
- Public performances, clinics, workshops, athletic and other competitions, and exhibitions
- Support for the Cuban people
- Humanitarian projects
- Activities of private foundations or research or educational institutes
- Exportation, importation, or transmission of information or information materials
- And certain authorized export transactions.
Cuba VIP Yachts will walk each charter yacht owner and/or captain or representative through each and every step of the visa process, as all Cuban legalities. We well also assist the charter guests with every aspect of the visa process. With 15 years experience in US group travel to Cuba and a thorough knowledge of the US and Cuban law, we will do this seamlessly within every detail of the law, ensuring the security and safety of our guests, the vessel and its crew.
Questions regarding permits and documentation for yachts to legally travel to and from Cuba can also be directed to US Customs and Border Patrol at:
Port of Miami (Miami) 903 South America Way Terminal H Miami, Florida 33132 Phone: 305-536-4758 Ext. 5
…or any other CBP location near you.